Tuesday, October 7, 2008
updates
Since my last blog, Chad and I been crazy busy. We've traveled a little, been stressed at work, went to a couple of weddings, a birthday party, a bridal shower and a couple of hospital trips. Long story short somehow I got a blood clot in my ankle. After a few different doctor appointments and a night in the hospital all with in three weeks, the doctors agree that the blood clot is not a serious threat. Also they really don't see many people with this type of clot, it's unusual. I had the head of the vascular center at UCLA tell me that in the 30 years he has been doing this he hasn't seen a case like mine, that's right I'm a special case. The doctors really don't know what caused the clot, but they believe it maybe from inactivity from working and not taking breaks to walk around at work and with the added car traveling we have recently done, but they think the main cause is the estrogen in the birth control pills so I have been advised not to continue with that. I have had a few blood tests and they did not find any genetic factors. I was originally told to wear compression stocking (knee high socks which I might add I totally worked into my wardrobe) to help to reduce the swelling and circulation, but today I was advised that I really do not need to unless my ankle swells again or while traveling. I am good to go back to business as usual with the exception of becoming active again and to keep up good habits (eating healthy & daily exercise) that promote a healthy life. I have received the thumbs up to fly to Puerto Vallarta the first week of November, yeah (please pray that no other health issues will occur with Chad or I). Today Chad went to the hospital to have his chest checked out because his chest has been feeling tight. They give him a EKG, X-ray and blood work as well as vitals. Chad has a great heart and his lungs are good too and his heart rate and blood pressure are great. The doctors believe it maybe muscular and told him to follow up with his general practitioner. So now we can both relax and recovery from all this stress. On the bright side we have been to two wonderful wedding one in Napa and one in Temecula and we have joined two new wine clubs. I'll tell you more about the wine later. I hope all is well you with. Love T
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First Blog
Well this is my first blogging experience. yes I'm a little behind the times, but better later then not at all. I will try to keep this up to date in order to keep my family and friends up to date with our life. I must admit that I'm really bad at keeping in touch so this is my solution to reach out to all those far and near. I hope you enjoy!
1 comment:
Man!! That is scary for both of you! After reading that I will make a mental note to get up and go for walks more regularly at work. Take care of yourselves!
Miss you!!
Post a Comment