Wednesday, February 2, 2011

2010 update-looking forward to 2011!!

Wow 2010 went by fast!! Let me sum it up...
I started training for my first 10K in January 2010. Completed five races since. This January 16th 2011 I completed my first 1/2 Marathon.
Went to Riviera Maya, Mexico with Shannon and Will. The hotel was awesome. There was an awesome lighting storm the first night, it poured down rain, but it was warm so we went swimming in the pool-yes at night in a lighting storm, we had a few drinks. We also went to Tulum and Cozumel. Broke my tooth on the second to last day in Mexico. Had to have alot of dental work done in 2010 :(
Traveled around California visiting our friends and family.
Went to a UCLA football tailgate at the Rose bowl.
Went to Livermore for Shannon's birthday at Laurie's house and went on a nice bike ride. We played boccie ball and enjoyed some yummy food and wine. Oh and of course some Sprinkles cupcakes for Shannon's 40th.
Went to SLO a few times. Went to Palm Spring for a girls weekend!!
Went to Napa and Mendocino for our 3rd year anniversary and had some delicious food, absolutely fabulous food!
Went to SanDiego for the Financial Aid conference, it was only the second time I've been there. The first time was just a quick day trip so staying four days was awesome!! And the weather was to die for especially for December.
Went to see Sarah Barellis play at HSU her hometown. It was so awesome. How many times can I say awesome in this Blog?? Alot!! My life is Awesome!! I had an Awesome year!! And I'll have another awesome year ahead!!
Flew on Virgin America to visit Erin and Javy and it was great!! I love their new place and their little community. I would love to live there in a cute little house walking distance to downtown. Looking forward to Erin's backyard birthday Bash this year!!
I did lots and lots of running and got a new bike.
Next on the list is a few more 5/10K races, a 1/2 marathon with Chad, Ed, and Trisha in Paso. I'm hoping to train for a tri this year. Hopefully Chad will join me!
I am also now part of the Wellness Committee at work which means I try to get people together at lunch and/or after work to do some healthy activities. Yoga seems to be popular, but I think everyone is going to love Bollywood.

No comments:

First Blog

Well this is my first blogging experience. yes I'm a little behind the times, but better later then not at all. I will try to keep this up to date in order to keep my family and friends up to date with our life. I must admit that I'm really bad at keeping in touch so this is my solution to reach out to all those far and near. I hope you enjoy!